Over the last 80 years, HP has led with purpose. Today, Sustainable Impact is at the heart of our reinvention journey, inspiring our innovation and driving us to create technology that makes life better for everyone, everywhere. HP Inspires Giving is part of the bigger CSR strategy of HP and as part of our key Sustainable pillar 'Community’, we’re committed to investing in our communities, contributing skills, technology, and resources to strengthen community's resilience and vitality, everywhere.
HP Inspires Giving aims to support local NGOs through various annual and regular donation/giving and volunteering campaigns, which:
- strive for better education opportunities to the young generation and/or different minorities and people in need;
- support and help people with disabilities;
- fight against the poverty in Bulgaria;
- help in resolving different environmental (ecology) threats and problems;
- take care of stray animals;
- are involved in resolving any other social or community problems we are facing in Bulgaria.
What is our 2020 impact on Society?
Through donations and volunteering programmes that directly support our NGO partners, we had the opportunity to help the local communities. The donations includes corporate, employee personal contributions or from HP Foundation while the volunteering programme is at the employee level.
The main project activities we did in 2020 were:
- '40 Days of Doing Good' campaign where we helped Junior Achievement Bulgaria, 'Our Premature Children' Foundation and 'Eyes on Four Paws' Foundation with monetary grant of 33000 BGN (total for the campaign) for translation of entrepreneurship courses, service dogs training, equipment for neonatology and 200 volunteered hours for training students on Project Management.
- Donation campaign to the Bulgarian Food Bank - 18000 BGN corporate donation and 17000 BGN employee’s food vouchers donation. Total - 35000 BGN.
- 'Imagine Grant' campaign to 'Trotoara' Foundation - monetary grant of 15000 BGN for covering annual utility bills and opening a dedicated computer room for improving digital literacy among the students.
- Donation campaign to Primary School 'Hristo Botev' in Zidarovo village. We donated 12 laptops and backpacks for a computer room equipment and/or to help children with virtual education.
- Corporate beehive adoption (annual subscription) supporting the 'Real honey' platform and Pollenity
- Regular participation in 'Plastic Caps for the Future'
- Donation campaign for 'Forward together Rozino' Foundation - school supplies, clothes and shoes.
As a result, we:
- directly supported the work of Bulgarian NGOs with around 83,000 BGN monetary grants from HP;
- indirectly supported the work of Bulgarian NGOs with around 750 employee volunteering hours (hands-on and skill-based) which equals nearly 110,000 BGN (according to a rate, calculated by HP Foundation for Bulgaria, those volunteered hours are turned to 110,000 BGN);
- had direct donations via the online platform HP's Giving & Volunteering Tool to various Bulgarian NGOs for about 15,000 BGN (direct donations from our employees and then doubled by the HP Foundation).
The activities and programmes we rolled out allowed children to have better access to education; provided those in need with proper lunch, helped our premature children in Bulgaria and many more.
Corporate donations and volunteering supporting Bulgarian NGOs have shown us that the corporate giving in Bulgaria, together with the priceless efforts of our NGOs, can build a brighter future for the local communities. The projects are proofs that employee donations, volunteering and corporate grants can walk side by side in the name of a better tomorrow!